The Omonoia (Greek meaning “ομόνοια” – concord / harmony), culturally appropriate care project, promotes ‘healthy, harmonious and happy living’ amongst the Greek community’s older people (65+ years) and their family carers in Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
What do we do?
- Assist Greek older people and their family carers to access culturally appropriate, aged care services in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Townsville.
- Provide resources and information to support family carers of Greek older people living with Dementia.
- Promote and sustain healthy ageing for Greek older people and their carers including younger family members.
- Develop and provide multi-media CALD (culturally and linguistically diverse) educational resources for aged care service providers eg. Website, Facebook, You-tube, Dvd’s.
- Support service providers to help deliver culturally appropriate aged care for Greek older people and their carers.
“Omonoia Project” provides: readily accessible and cost effective multi-media cultural resources including Facebook, You-tube and web-based resources to inform service providers, about the Greek language, culture, faith, family structure and family dynamics, to assist them to better communicate with and cater more effectively to the needs of Greek older people and their families.
You can access our Facebook page- www.facebook.com/goccareomonoia
Cultural resources available to assist you in providing culturally and linguistically appropriate care to your Greek-speaking clients and /or residents. http://goccare.com.au/greek-cultural-and-linguistic-resources/